Adaptic Touch Non-Adhering Silicone Dressing
Adaptic Touch Non-Adhering Silicon Dressing, by Johnson and Johnson, is made of mesh material and balances comfort and performance when it comes to direct wound application . This uniquely designed primary wound dressing is made with a silicone mesh pattern that will keep fluid from the wound (exudate) from pooling and sticking to any of the secondary dressing material. Despite being a tight knit mesh, it still allows transference of the exudate to the upper absorbent pad, reducing the chance of maceration.
The silicon sheets will go on easy and gently peel off the wound without damaging newly healed tissue.
The dressing can be left on the wound for several days, or until the secondary dressing is soaked, depending on the condition of the wound. This is recommended for use with dry to heavily exuding, partial and full-thickness chronic wounds. This would include surgical wounds or those involving severe trauma.
The following are wound examples where Adaptic silicone dressings would work well during application:
- Venous Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Donor Sites
- 1st and 2nd Degree burns
Adaptic Touch Non-Adhering Silicon Dressing Features and Benefits
- The dressing lays directly on the wound.
- The mesh pattern allows exudate to pass through into the secondary dressing.
- The dressing keeps exudate from pooling, lessening the chance of the secondary dressing sticking to the wound.
- It helps eliminate the chance of maceration.
- Adaptic Touch Non-Adhering Silicon Dressing Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: 500501, 500502, 500503, 500504
- Manufacturer: Johnson and Johnson (Systagenix)
- Material: Cellulose Acetate, Silicone
- Sizes (in inches): 3 x 2, 3 x 4.25, 5 x 6, 8 x 12 3/4
- HCPCS Code: A6206