Kendall Excilon AMD Antimicrobial I.V. Sponges - 2" x 2"
Sterile 2's in Peel Back Package, 6-Ply
EXCILON AMD Drain Sponges are impregnated with PHMB
(Polyhexamethylene Biguanide), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a
broad range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative
microorganisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA.
This exciting new product provides healthcare facilities a low cost,
prophylactic method of treatment without changing nursing protocol.
Product Features & Benefits:
- Contains PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide).
Highly effective against most organisms. Limits cross-contamination
from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing.
Helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing.
- Reduces bacterial penetration through the dressing.
Helps minimize infection exposure from strike through.
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against
gram negative, gram positive, and fungi/yeast microorganisms including
MRSA and VRE.
Helps reduce risk of hospital acquired infections.
- Primary Bacterial Barrier
AMD? dressings work as a contact kill and maintain log counts in the wound without negative impact to wound healing.
- Secondary Layer
AMD? dressings work to limit cross-contamination by significantly reducing bacterial growth in the pooling layer.
- Smaller sized pad is slit to accommodate I.V. tubing.
- Can be used as a primary dressing to minimize bacterial log counts in the wound bed.
- Can be used as a secondary dressing to eliminate growth within the
gauze and protect against bacterial proliferation through the gauze.
- Dakins solution may inactivate PHMB. This will impact dressing efficacy but should not be dangerous to patient health.
Product Specifics and Packaging:
- Size: 2" x 2"
- Pad is slit to accommodate I.V. tubing
- 2 Gauze Sponges per package
- Single (1 each) Pouch (2 Sponges total)
- Box of 35 Pouches (70 Sponges total)
- Case of 20 boxes (1400 Sponges total)