SilvaSorb Cavity Dressings
SilvaSorb Provides Targeted Antimicrobial Protection for Every Type of Wound SilvaSorb harnesses the power of ionic silver, releasing silver at a controlled level for broad spectrum antimicrobial action, without harming tissue cells.
The ionic silver is suspended in the SilvaSorb dressing to control its release over a period of up to seven days. It offers antimicrobial protection over a broad spectrum of bacteria and fungi, including MRSA and VRE. SilvaSorb kills microbes, but is completely biocompatible with the tissue cells of healing. In addition to controlling bioburden, another key factor in wound healing is managing moisture level.
- For cavity wounds with all drainage levels.
- Helps manage bacterial burden1,2; Continuous antimicrobial protection1,3; Non-staining1; Gentle for the patient4,5; Advanced fluid management1; Extended wear time3,6,7
- Indications: pressure ulcers, partial and full-thickness wounds, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, graft wounds and donor sites, skin tears, surgical wounds, lacerations and abrasions, and first and second-degree burns.
- Contraindication:individuals with a know sensitivity to silver
- Sheets may be left in place for up to 7 days; Amorphous gel may be left in place for up to 3 days